TERMS AND CONDITIONS for NOVA SOCCER CONTEST #doatrickwinatrip
Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in the Contest Guidelines relating to NOVA SOCCER and/or any NOVA SOCCER SOCIAL MEDIA sites unless otherwise expressly stated. By participating this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Rules specific to the Contest Guidelines are displayed in which the Competition appeared and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of a discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Guidelines, the Competition Guidelines shall prevail.
3. NOVA SOCCER reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition Guidelines without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside NOVA SOCCER’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by contacting the relevant Promotions department of the publication in which the competition appeared.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Guidelines, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. To qualify to enter the Competition, you must be resident in Perth, Western Australia. The address you provide with your competition entry (“Entry”) may be used to send any prizes, so please make sure this is correct.
6. Employees of NOVA SMASH REPAIRS PTY LTD or any associated company of NOVA GROUP OF COMPANIES and their immediate families, persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families, i.e., prize sponsors, newsagents, wholesalers & their agents are not eligible to enter the Competition.
7. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver’s license will be required if the Competition prize includes travel outside Perth, Western Australia and/or car hire.
8. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is correct, current and complete. NOVA SOCCER reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
9. NOVA SOCCER assumes that by reading the publication or by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules.
10. NOVA SOCCER reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
11. If any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, NOVA SOCCER in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be chosen on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
12. Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed (except where the Competition Guidelines state that more than one entry can be submitted) and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Unless otherwise indicated photocopies of entry coupons are not accepted. Where a winner has been selected, and NOVA SOCCER discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one Entry, NOVA SOCCER reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be chosen on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
13. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified in the Competition Guidelines. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
14. Only one entry per person will be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term by, for example, the use of ‘brute force,’ ‘script’ or any other automated means, that person/those e-mail addresses will be disqualified, and any prize award will be void.
15. There is no purchase requirement to enter an online Competition. There is no charge to register with any NOVA SOCCER social media links.
16. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as evidence of delivery. NOVA SOCCER cannot assume responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes beyond its control.
18. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, NOVA SOCCER does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
19. Prize winners will be chosen from the top ten most creative videos with more likes, from top one, top two, top three respectively, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Guidelines, from all qualifying Entries within the closing date specified in the Competition Guidelines. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
20. Only one prize per winner per entrant accordingly will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published in the NOVA SOCCER publication in which the competition appeared and on the relevant publication’s website.
21. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified in the Competition Guidelines. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
22. Prizes are nontransferable, and there is no cash alternative. NOVA SOCCER reserves the right not to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
23. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of NOVA SOCCER, and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
24. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Guidelines and must be observed. NOVA SOCCER reserves the right to request written a proof of age of any winner.
25. All taxes, insurance, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades, etc.) as the case may be unless explicitly stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights and Use of Entries
26. NOVA SOCCER does not, unless we agree on this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain ownership and copyright, although NOVA SOCCER will be able to use Entries as set out in the Guidelines, you will also have no right to use your Entry in any way you choose. Where any Entry is to be used exclusively for NOVA SOCCER’s purposes (e.g., we are asking to own this and copyright) this will be made clear in the Competition Guidelines, and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition.
27. In consideration of NOVA SOCCER agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that NOVA SOCCER (and third parties authorised by NOVA SOCCER) may make any and all Entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. You now grant NOVA SOCCER (and third parties authorised by NOVA SOCCER) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
28. NOVA SOCCER does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. NOVA SOCCER may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic, e.g., infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory, etc. or for any other reason.
29. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Johnston Press reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
30. NOVA SOCCER cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. NOVA SOCCERs is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, on-line computer systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude NOVA SOCCER’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
31. Winners may be requested to take part in the promotional activity, and NOVA SOCCER reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
32. Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by NOVA SOCCER for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist NOVA SOCCER to operate competitions consistently and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
33. By providing NOVA SOCCER with your data, you consent to NOVA SOCCER transferring your data to countries or states or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as Australia. If NOVA SOCCER does make such a transfer, it will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your data is protected.
34. The Competition Guidelines will be governed by Australian law, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from Australia, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Australia respectively, and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian courts or the courts of Perth, Western Australia respectively.